Let us do it for you by clicking the "buy now" button. $4.99
Description: Trolls have come down from the north and are camped on Death Plateau, they are using this base to launch attacks on the principality of Burthorpe!
The Imperial Guard is taking heavy losses, they need your help!
None but beware of trolls!
Quests Unlocked/Partially Unlocked by completing this Quest:
Items Needed at Quest Start: An Asgarnian ale, about 1000 coins, 10 Trout, 10 Bread, an Iron bar, and 1 Blurberry special (may not be needed).
Items Recommended for Quest: Games necklace.
Items Acquired During Quest: IOU, Combination, a Stone ball (Blue), a Stone ball (Green), a Stone ball (Purple), a Stone ball (Red), a Stone ball (Yellow), Climbing boots, a Certificate, Spiked boots, and a Secret way map.
Quest Points: 1
Reward: 3K Attack XP, Steel claws, the ability to make claws, and a safe route to the troll area.
Start Point: Imperial Guard training camp in Burthorpe.
To Start: Speak to Denulth
- Speak to Denulth at the Imperial Guard training camp. He will ask you to help him find another way up the Death Plateau and to find the combination to the equipment room the guard lost.
- Head to the nearby castle to the north and go upstairs. Talk to Eohric about the guard that was guarding the castle last night. He will tell you his name is Harold and that he can be found at the Toad and Chicken Inn.
- Go to the pub southeast of the castle. Once there, take the stairs to the second floor and speak to Harold in the most western room. He will tell you that he lost the combination and does not wish to talk about it.
- Return to Eohric and inform him about Harold. He will tell you that Harold will open up a bit if you give him a drink and that he likes gambling.
- Go back to Harold room and offer him a drink. He will either ask for an Asgarnian ale or a Blurberry special. Now, you will have to gamble with him. If you win with a high enough bet, he will not be able to pay you back and will give you the IOU. You may need to give him more drinks to get him drunk enough to lose. Read the IOU to find out that the combination is written on the back of it.
Note: Do not drop the combination as you will need it to finish the quest.
The combination reads:
- Head back to the first floor of the castle and place the stone balls in the correct position, as shown in the image below. Once you have unlocked the access to the equipment room, go up one of the ladder. and talk with the Archer. He will thank you for freeing them.
- Head north of the Warriors' Guild to a small cave. Enter it and talk to Saba. He will tell you that the only person who knows about the secret way is Tenzing the sherpa.
- Follow the path until you spot a wounded soldier. As soon as you see him walk west and then south. Do not take the path to the north or the nearby Trolls will throw rocks at you. At the end of the path you will come across the house of Tenzing.
- Ask Tenzing about the path leading up the plateau. He will only agree to tell you if you l you that run an errand for him. He will request that you bring him 10 cooked trout and 10 loaves of bread. In addition to this he will also ask you to get his climbing boots fixed at the the blacksmith, Dunstan.
- Head over to Dunstan at his house northeast of Burthorpe Castle. He will only repair the boots if you do him a favor. He tell you to ask Denulth for a certificate that will allow his son to get into the army.
- Talk to Denulth and you will receive a certificate which will allow Dunstan's son to join the army. Head back to Dunstan and give him the certificate. He will fix the boots if you bring him a iron bar. Give him the iron bar and the climbing boots and he will give you the spiked boots.
- Go back to Tenzing with the 10 bread, 10 cooked trout, and the spiked boots. He will then give you a secret way map which shows the secret path up the plateau. Exit the back of his house and climb over the stile. Head north and follow the path until you receive a message that the path is safe and that you should go back to Denulth.
- Return to Denulth, and give him the Secret way map and the Combination to receive your reward.
Congratulations! Quest completed!
Note: As an additional reward, Tenzing will sell you Climbing boots. Take these and an iron bar to Dunstan to have them made into Spiked boots.